Location:Online 15.00 GMT
TIME: 10.00 EST / 15.00 GMT
The Cornerstone Award provides an entry-level introduction to the concepts of parkour and coaching and is ideal for anyone wanting to begin their journey into coaching or for those trainers of other sports/disciplines wanting to learn more about parkour.
This course consists of 3 live online modules, guided by one of our tutor team, of 2-3 hours in length at least a week apart, including deliverables produced between modules.
No prior experience of parkour or coaching is required. The Cornerstone Award is a fantastic preparation for the Level 1 Coach Certification, but is not a requirement to attend the Level 1 Coach Certification.
Module One: Parkour Foundation Techniques
Module 1 introduces the concept of parkour as, primarily, a discipline of practical movement and focuses on understanding and practising some of the core movement techniques as well as some relevant physical development methods.
Participants will need an open floor space and ideally some items of furniture/architecture to enable some practice of the techniques/activities within the module.
- To understand and be able to explain the basic concept of parkour as a practical movement discipline that develops body and mind through the overcoming of obstacles in one’s surroundings.
- To demonstrate four foundation techniques found in parkour
- To practice five physical training methods found in parkour
- Attend the Module and engage in the discussion groups
- Participants to submit compilation video of themselves demonstrating the four techniques and five physical training methods in an outdoor environment
Module Two: Parkour History & Philosophy
- Develop a basic understanding of the early influences on the development of parkour.
- Identify key moments in the history of parkour and how they helped to shape the growth of the discipline.
- Highlight the key philosophical elements at the core of parkour that help to make it unique.
- Attend the Module and engage in the discussion groups.
- Complete knowledge quiz based on the information within the module.
- Prepare a session for presentation at Module 3 based on the elements covered in the previous modules.
Module Three: Introduction to Coaching
Participants will need an open floor space and ideally some items of furniture/architecture to enable some practice/coaching of the techniques/activities learned in Module 1.
- Develop a basic understanding of the core concept and purpose of coaching.
- Understand the concept of managed risk as an important aspect of human physical and mental development.
- Understand core safety principles within coaching parkour.
- Demonstrate basic coaching skills to the group within a Micro-Teach and share feedback.
- Attend the Module and participate in the Micro-Teach and feedback elements.
- Answer some verbal questions from the Tutor.
- Online quiz to complete
- Online portal to submit videos