Location:Seoul, South Korea
The Level 1 Coach Certification is the foundation of the entire ADAPT education programme. This course lasts 3 days, including 24 hours of guided learning, where candidates will participate in a variety of individual and group exercises, class discussions, demonstrations, and coaching scenarios, culminating with a written exam and practical coaching assessment.
The certification may also require post course experience, with up to an additional 10 sessions (minimum) of supervised coaching with a Level 2 or higher ADAPT Qualified Coach to be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the end of the course before the candidate receives their certification.
The Level 1 Coach Certification lasts 3 days, each day starting at 09:00 and finishing at 18:00.
Once you've booked your chosen course you'll be sent further information, including the exact address of the course and contact information for your host and tutor. If you need this information before booking, scroll down to Ask A Question.
- First Aid qualified
- Attend a Child Safeguarding course
Day One: Parkour/Freerunning Practice and Principles
- Introduction to Parkour/Freerunning
- Movement Practice
- Understanding Coaching
- Principles and Practice of Parkour
- Warm-Ups and Physical Readiness
- Summary and Review
Day Two: Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Day
- Introduction to coaching day
- Core Coaching Skills
- Health, Safety and Risk-Benefit Assessments
- Coaching the Spirit of Parkour/Freerunning
- Parkour/Freerunning Experience Session
- Preparation for assessment day and review
Day Three: Assessment Day
- Introduction to assessment day
- Written Assessment
- Observed Practical Assessments of coaching
- Action Plan and completion of Learner Pack
- ADAPT Level 1 Learner Pack
- Assessment Materials
- Supervised Sessions Log-Sheet
Candidates may be required to assist qualified ADAPT Level 2 Parkour/ Freerunning Coach at up to 10 live coaching sessions post-course;
- All assigned sessions must be completed
- Each session must be a minimum of one hour in length
- All sessions must be supervised and signed by a qualified ADAPT Level 2 Parkour/Freerunning coach
- All sessions cannot be supervised and signed off by the same Level 2 coach
It is recommended that this is completed within 3 months of the course; however you do have a maximum one-year registration period in which to complete this. These sessions will provide you with the opportunity to experience real life coaching and gain an understanding of what it is like to be a parkour coach, and are therefore fundamental to your learning. It is your responsibility to arrange and complete these sessions within the one-year registration period. If you are unable to access an ADAPT Level 2 qualified coach, there is a video submission process that can be accessed under special conditions.
Once you have completed your supervised coaching sessions, you will need to send a copy (either photocopy or photograph/scan) of the completed supervised coaching record to:
Please keep the original supervised coaching record in your learner pack. You will not receive certification for the qualification until you have sent the signed record back.