Location:To be confirmed, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Level 1 (Assistant) Coach Certification is the foundation of the entire ADAPT education programme. This course lasts 3 days, including 24 hours of guided learning, where candidates will participate in a variety of individual and group exercises, class discussions, demonstrations, and coaching scenarios, culminating with a written exam and practical coaching assessment.
We ask everyone to undergo post course experience, an additional 10 sessions (minimum) of supervised coaching with a Level 2 or higher ADAPT Qualified Coach must be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the end of the course before the candidate receives their certification.
The Level 1 Coach Certification lasts 3 days, each day starting at 09:00 and finishing at 18:00.
Once you've booked your chosen course you'll be sent further information, including the exact address of the course and contact information for your host and tutor. If you need this information before booking, scroll down to Ask A Question.
- 16 years of age or over
- Attend the First Aid / Child Safeguarding Pre-requisite Day OR present evidence of existing certification
If you cannot meet the pre-requisite requirements at the time of the course, you must present evidence of having done so within 12 months of the end of your course in order to receive your certification.
Day One: Pre-requisite Training (optional)
- Welcome & Introduction
- Emergency First Aid for Parkour/Freerunning
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Day Two: Parkour/Freerunning Practice and Principles
- Introduction to Parkour/Freerunning
- Movement Practice
- Strength and Conditioning for Parkour
- The Basics of Displacement
- Summary and Review
Day Three: Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Day
- Introduction to coaching day
- Warm-up and cool-down
- Group Management and Coaching Skills
- Health and Safety
- Acceptable Risk and Risk-Benefit Assessments
- Lesson Planning
- Coaching the Spirit of Parkour/Freerunning
- Parkour/Freerunning Experience Session
- Preparation for assessment day and review
Day Four: Assessment Day
- Introduction to assessment day
- Written Assessment
- Observed Practical Assessments of assistant coaching
- Action Plan and completion of Learner Pack
- ADAPT Level 1 Learner Pack
- Assessment Materials
- Supervised Sessions Log-Sheet
Candidates are required to assist qualified ADAPT Level 2 Parkour/ Freerunning Coach at ten live coaching sessions post-course;
- All 10 sessions must be completed
- Each session must be a minimum of one hour in length
- All sessions must be supervised and signed by a qualified ADAPT Level 2 Parkour/Freerunning coach
- All sessions cannot be supervised and signed off by the same Level 2 coach
It is recommended that this is completed within 3 months of the course; however you do have a maximum one-year registration period in which to complete this. These sessions will provide you with the opportunity to experience real life coaching and gain an understanding of what it is like to be an assistant to a Level 2 coach, and are therefore fundamental to your learning. It is your responsibility to arrange and complete these sessions within the one-year registration period. If you are unable to access an ADAPT Level 2 qualified coach, there is a video submission process that can be accessed under special conditions.
Once you have completed your supervised coaching sessions, you will need to send a copy (either photocopy or photograph/scan) of the completed supervised coaching record to:
Post: ADAPT Qualifications, Chainstore Gym & Parkour Academy, 64 Orchard Place, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London, E14 0JY
Please keep the original supervised coaching record in your learner pack. You will not receive certification for the qualification until you have sent the signed record back.