Location: Mumbai Movement Academy, Unit 4, Woodrow, Veera Desai Road, Mumbai India 400053
The Level 1 Coach Certification is the foundation of the entire ADAPT education programme. Focusing on the foundations of coaching science and how it relates to parkour, this is the intensive learning experience that thousands of parkour coaches worldwide have gone through to begin their journey into high quality professional coaching, joining a global network of practitioners dedicated to protecting and sharing the methods, principles and values of parkour.
This course lasts 3 days, including 24 hours of guided learning, where candidates will participate in a variety of individual and group exercises, class discussions, demonstrations, and coaching scenarios, culminating with a written exam and practical coaching assessment.
Depending on your experience and performance on the course, you may be asked to complete post course experience; in this case up to 6 hours of supervised coaching with a Level 2 or higher ADAPT Qualified Coach must be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the end of the course before the candidate receives their certification.
The Level 1 Coach Certification lasts 3 days, each day starting at 09:00 and finishing at 18:00.
Once you've booked your chosen course you'll be sent further information, including the exact address of the course and contact information for your host and tutor. If you need this information before booking, scroll down to Ask A Question.
- 16 years of age or over
- Acquire a First Aid Certificate and Child Safeguarding training if intending to work with children
If you cannot meet the pre-requisite requirements at the time of the course, you must present evidence of having done so within 12 months of the end of your course in order to receive your certification.
Day One: Parkour/Freerunning Practice and Principles
- Introduction to Parkour/Freerunning
- Movement Practice
- Understanding Coaching
- Principles and Practice of Parkour
- Warm-Ups and Physical Readiness
- Summary and Review
Day Two: Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Day
- Introduction to coaching day
- Core Coaching Skills
- Health, Safety and Risk-Benefit Assessments
- Coaching the Spirit of Parkour/Freerunning
- Parkour/Freerunning Experience Session
- Preparation for assessment day and review
Day Three: Assessment Day
- Introduction to assessment day
- Written Assessment
- Observed Practical Assessments of assistant coaching
- Action Plan and completion of Learner Pack
- ADAPT Level 1 Learner Pack
- Assessment Materials
- Supervised Sessions Log-Sheet
Candidates may be required to assist a qualified ADAPT Level 2 Parkour Coach at live coaching sessions post-course;
- All assigned sessions must be completed
- Each session must be a minimum of one hour in length
- All sessions must be supervised and signed by a qualified ADAPT Level 2 Parkour/Freerunning coach
- All sessions cannot be supervised and signed off by the same Level 2 coach
It is recommended that this is completed within 3 months of the course; however you do have a maximum one-year registration period in which to complete this. These sessions will provide you with the opportunity to experience real life coaching and gain an understanding of what it is like to be an assistant to a Level 2 coach, and are therefore fundamental to your learning. It is your responsibility to arrange and complete these sessions within the one-year registration period. If you are unable to access an ADAPT Level 2 qualified coach, there is a video submission process that can be accessed under special conditions.
Once you have completed your supervised coaching sessions, you will need to send a copy (either photocopy or photograph/scan) of the completed supervised coaching record to:
Please keep the original supervised coaching record in your learner pack. You will not receive certification for the qualification until you have sent the signed record back.