Location:Parco Giochi, Via Tevere, 70, 30173 Venezia VE, Italy
The ADAPT Level 2 Coach Certification covers the vital elements of coaching science and methodology required to teach the practice of parkour safely, effectively and with confidence.
The Level 2 Coach Certification course lasts 5 days, each day starting at 09:00 and finishing at 18:00.
- 18 years of age or over
- First Aid or recognised equivalent certification
- A.D.A.P.T. Level 1 Coach Certified
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing). At certain courses, interpreters for the tutors will be provided, but please check ahead of the course as to whether you will be able to understand the information.
- Welcome & Introduction: Becoming a Coach
- Movement Practice
- A Philosophy of Coaching
- The Science of Expertise: Deliberate Practice
- Coaching a Movement Continuum
- Cultivating Confidence in Parkour Practice
- Breaking Jumps Practice
- Using Fear as a Guide to Unlocking Movement
- Pedagogical Models of Coaching
- General Preparation: A&P and Redefining Fitness
- Specific Preparation: Coaching the Biomechanics of Parkour
- The Basics of Programming for Movement
- Coaching Movement via Themes & Attributes
- Inclusive Coaching
- Mastering Drill Creation Variables
- Micro-Teach Practice
- Athlete Interaction: Effective Communication with Learners
- Affordances for Movement
- Youth Coaching
- Micro-Teach Practice
- Mobility, Flexibility and Preventing Injury
- Avoiding The Dangers of Coaching
- Group Coaching: Using and Supervising Assistants
- Coaching the Values of Parkour
- Self-Programming for Assessments & Personal Feedback Sessions
- Moving Forward: Action Plans, Reflective Coaching and Assessments
- Final Group Challenge
Participants will receive the following resources in support:
- ADAPT Level 2 Learner Pack
- ADAPT Coaching Resource Book
- Assessment Materials
- Reflective Hours Coaching Log-Sheets
Following the Level 2 Course candidates must prepare for and complete the Assessment phase between 3 months to 2 years following the course.
This is to allow suitable time for the content of the course to be absorbed and put into practice, and the feedback of the course tutor to be acted upon before attempting the assessments. The Assessment is a separate event booked via this website and is paid for only when you are ready to attend.